Thursday, February 26, 2009

Last Night I Saw You In My Dreams...


I want to dedicate this post to my mother, Jane, who was taken from this Earth far too soon. There are things in life that we aren't meant to understand and I guess this is one of them. The passage below is the last thing I wrote to my mother, after the passage are some songs that I've dedicated to her, feel free to download them if you'd like.
"Hey Mom, there are so many things that I wish I could say to you. You mean so much to me and I wish that we had more time together. You taught me so much and I am so very grateful that the Lord blessed me with your presence. If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be the man that I am today. I know I have a long ways to go but I have come a long way also thanks to you. You give me strength when I feel weak, knowledge at times when I am unknowing, and most of all, unconditional love regardless of the situation. You were so strong and you fought until the end, but the Lord had bigger plans for you and now you no longer have to suffer. As much as it hurts not having you by my side I feel at ease knowing that you are finally at peace. The thought of not having you around is the scariest thing in the world and it is something that I will have to learn to deal with. If I am anywhere near as strong as you then I know I’ll be able to make it through this. You are the prime example of a strong woman and you never let anything, not even lung disease or breast cancer, deter you from being the best person you could be. You helped any and everyone that you could and you stayed positive even when times were rough. I remember when the trainer told me I tore my acl and I called you and started crying like a baby. Everyone told me that everything would be alright but I only believed it when you said it Mom. And I still do. If it wasn’t for you Mom I don’t know where I would be. All that I do, academics, athletics and everything in between, is to make you proud. Now that you’re gone I have no choice but to work even harder. I admit at times it’s hard to even think about playing basketball anymore or even to do good in school because you are not here to witness it. But I know that you wouldn’t want me to stop so that is why I will continue on the path I have chosen. I know that you will be with me in spirit every step of the way and you will always be watching over me. Thank you for everything Mom, I appreciate all you’ve done for me and the foundation you’ve laid for me to walk upon. I love you so much Mom and I will see you again one day…"

No comments:

Post a Comment